Okay, so you have gotten the best web design services Malaysia, your website looks professional and beautiful, but you are not sure if it fits the criteria required for proper SEO, right? Well, then this guide is just for you.
We will outline the checklist of top things to look for in your website and implement them if you haven’t for better results. These factors will be divided into Content, SEO, and Technical so that you can easily understand everything. That being said, let’s start:
Checklist for Audit of Your Website:
- Should be Helpful: Your website’s content is the most important part when it comes to engaging potential customers and turning them into leads. You need to remember the mantra of internet marketing; content is king! So make sure the content is well researched, well-written, and is delivering value to people.
- Grammar and Spelling: Do you know that 42.5% of people in a survey were influenced by grammar and spelling errors? (Source). You need to have an excellent grip on these things so that you appear professional, and people like reading your content. Check your existing content for mistakes and fix them. Tools such as Grammarly can help you with this.
- Get the Facts Right: If you are using statistical data and facts in your writing, make sure that they are accurate. Revisit your old posts and check for any outdated information. Conduct proper research and get the facts straight if needed.
- Content Duplication: Search engines hate plagiarism, and your website can get penalized for this, which will result in ranking loss. So make sure your content is valuable, original, and unique. You can use Grammarly’s plagiarism checker to find out the content that is duplicated and fix it.
- Use of Right Keywords: Keywords are the backbone of your whole SEO strategy. You need to find highly relevant keywords to your niche and the topic of content and then embed them in your content. You don’t have to forcefully put them in the content, as Google can see it as spamming. Just add where they make sense. Revisit your content, see if there is any keyword spamming and also see if you have used the right keywords. Use tools like Ahrefs to find relevant keywords to target.
- On-Page Optimization: Although 75% of the SEO is based on your off-page efforts, if you don’t get the 25% right, which is the on-page, your site won’t make it to the top ranks. Make sure to check your website for things like its structure in a sitemap, which should be well-organized for Google’s bots to crawl through easily and index your website pages. Also, write proper Meta descriptions for all pages on your websites, don’t add too many popups that may annoy visitors and shorten the URLs by removing numbers in them and adding the name of their respective page.
- Off-Page Optimization: Use tools like Ahrefs to see from where your website is getting its backlinks. You do not want to get links from low authority websites that are spammy. And if you have no backlinks to your website, start building them, they are crucial for off-page SEO.
- Speed Optimization: Check your website’s speed in GTMetrix. According to Unbounce; the speed of a website should be under 3 seconds for maximum conversions. So if your site doesn’t load that fast, make some adjustments. Delete heavy plugins that you don’t use, and compress images to reduce their size. You can also hire a freelancer to optimize your website speed.
- Responsive Design: Website needs to be mobile-friendly if you want to retain your mobile visitors. Since a big chunk of traffic comes from mobile devices, your site needs to load properly, work fast and flow smoothly to make them stay on your site. Use a mobile responsive theme and some plugins to do that.
- Should Be Indexed: Your website needs to be indexed in the search engines’ database to appear in search results. There are many tools available to check that. Make sure all pages are properly indexed.
- Error Free: Check all links of your site and make sure none of them is broken. You do not want people to hit a dead end while browsing through your website; most of them will instantly close it.
Over to You:
If you know the strengths and weaknesses of your website, you can better optimize it to UP your digital marketing game. Just make sure to have a fully responsive and fast website designed with the help of a professional web design company Malaysia. Other things can be done periodically.
If you have an ecommerce store, get the ecommerce website package Malaysia that offers excellent functionality and smooth browsing because, without these things, your website won’t make many conversions.