Do you want your business website to climb the rankings in Google’s search results? Maybe you are searching for someone to guide you about SEO? Well, then your search ends here because we have compiled this detailed guide just to help you comprehend what SEO is and how it can help your Malaysian business. So with that said, let’s get started:
What is SEO, and why Your Malaysian Business Needs it?
SEO is the short form of Search Engine Optimization, which is a digital marketing strategy for ranking a website in the top of Google’s search results and receive free, organic traffic from it. There are various tactics that are used in SEO, and we will discuss the most important ones in the next section of this guide.
SEO is among the most important online marketing strategies, and almost all online businesses ranging from budding startups to Fortune 500 companies leverage SEO to skyrocket their sales. Contrast to most online marketing tactics, SEO delivers better, long term results without needing a massive budget which goes into PPC (Pay per click) ads. In fact, 70% of marketers recognize SEO as more effective compared to PPC. (Source)
Once your business website is ranked on the first page of the search results for most frequently searched keywords/phrases by your target audience, it starts to receive traffic that is ready to convert. This means you will not just see an increase in traffic but also sales and, ultimately, revenue.
SEO Strategy for Ranking on the First Page of Google:
There are many tactics that are used by SEO experts to increase the rank of a website, and being a top web design company Malaysia, we know all of them.
But to keep things simple, we will discuss the most important ones. We have divided these strategies into two main parts; on-page SEO (done on your website) and off-page SEO (done outside of your website).
On-page Search Engine Optimization Strategies:
- Responsive Website Creation: Since we also offer web design services Malaysia, we know how important this part is in the SEO of your website. You can call it the foundation of your SEO. If your website offers excellent user-experience and user-interface, then people will spend more time on it, which will let Google know that people like your site. This also contributes to your SEO ranking.
- Mobile-Friendly Design: According to Statista; 52% of global online traffic comes from mobile. You can now imagine how important it is for your website to have a design that is smooth and functional on mobile devices as well. We at Operion, especially keep this in mind when providing web design services Malaysia.
- Proper Content and Image Optimization: Another important factor that is often ignored by many businesses. If your content is not properly optimized with a catchy title, correct H1, H2, H3 tags, and correct keyword placement without spamming, then Google won’t find it much interesting, let alone the readers. Plus, the images need to be compressed to smaller sizes for fast loading and should also have proper titles and tags so Google can recognize them.
- Site Speed and Security: According to Unbounce; 70% of customers agree that site speed influences their purchasing decision. So if your website is not optimized for speed, you will be leaving a big chunk of sales on the table. Plus, Google prefers websites that load fast. As for security, your website needs to have a secure hosting and SSL certificate so your customers can put their trust in you.
- Set up Sitemap: The sitemap is like an index of your website where all of its pages will be arranged so that the bots/crawlers that Google sends to put a website in its database can easily go through them. Again, a very important factor for on-page SEO because the faster these bots crawl through your website, the sooner it will get indexed in Google.
Off-Page Search Engine Optimization Strategies:
- Engage in Guest Posting: The most important part of your whole off-page SEO is getting backlinks from other credible and established websites. This way, Google will see you as a credible website too, and will boost your ranking. You can post blogs on different websites in your industry and ask them to link back to your website.
- Leverage Google My Business: If you search for a service in your area on Google, you will notice a section at the right side of the page with the name, address, website link, contact number, and reviews of a business. This is the ‘Google My Business’ listing. You need to set it up so that people within your vicinity searching for the services you offer can see your business. Around 56% of people visit a website having GMB listing (source), which shows how beneficial it is for getting free traffic and boosting your SEO.
- Set Up Google Webmaster: Your SEO efforts only work when your website pages are indexed. So for that, you need to set up your Google Webmaster account. Website owners don’t even realize that some of their pages are not indexed, and some even have broken links. You can know these things with webmasters and fix them so that your website doesn’t get penalized by Google and lose SEO rankings.
Over to You:
Whether you are getting our expert SEO package Malaysia or web design service, we always develop a website that is SEO-friendly because we know how important SEO is for every business. If you want to get an edge over the competition and boost your sales, SEO is a must for you.